Home Sito WebIndiceGruppo FacebookUltime immaginiCercaRegistratiEdizione 2011Accedi
WORK IN PROGRESS... VERSO LA QUARTA EDIZIONE...

Foreign topic

Andare in basso 
+17
lariccia_simo
marty96
anto
Lory
mtmdviscrive:)
Blanchild
January.viscrive:)
Joy10--
Star.
Deneb D.
andreaviscrive:)
glicine
Gloria97
Simona96
quietriot
Francesca ♥フランチエスカ♥
Feldia
21 partecipanti
Vai alla pagina : Precedente  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Successivo
AutoreMessaggio
anto

anto

Foreign topic - Pagina 7 Empty
MessaggioTitolo: Re: Foreign topic   Foreign topic - Pagina 7 EmptyLun Mar 19, 2012 7:05 pm

Completely agree with both. Very Happy[/quote]

I love verbal forms like "gonna", "gotta"! *-* Americans are really funny in language...But I am also the first fan of RHCP and my English teacher comes from Buffalo...How can I hate American English? Very Happy
Torna in alto Andare in basso
Edwin

Edwin

MessaggioTitolo: Re: Foreign topic   Foreign topic - Pagina 7 EmptyGio Mar 22, 2012 5:35 pm

quietriot ha scritto:
Thrice ha scritto:
Hey guys, what do you think of SCOTTISH?

*OO*
really Scottish accent is kinda difficoult to understand the first time, all their vowels are like "closed"

Yeaaahh, I like, it seems they speak pronuncing words "in the teeth"! xD
Anyway, firstly it is not so simply to understand! By the way, once I had a Trinity exam and the examiner was scottish, despite speaking not so understandable, he was really funny! Very Happy
Thrice

Thrice

MessaggioTitolo: Re: Foreign topic   Foreign topic - Pagina 7 EmptyGio Mar 22, 2012 7:21 pm

anto ha scritto:
Thrice ha scritto:
Hey guys, what do you think of SCOTTISH?

*OO*

I don't know Scottish D: But two years ago I went to Wales and there I understood that Welsh is a really strange language! It's so difficult...What do you think about Welsh!?

actually I have never listened Welsh...i had a holiday in UK just when i was a child, so i listened only British language! In fact i can't understand American or other accent very well...and my english isn't so good cause i study english only at school, even if i'd like have a correspondence with a English or American partner!
anto

anto

MessaggioTitolo: Re: Foreign topic   Foreign topic - Pagina 7 EmptyGio Mar 22, 2012 7:43 pm

actually I have never listened Welsh...i had a holiday in UK just when i was a child, so i listened only British language! In fact i can't understand American or other accent very well...and my english isn't so good cause i study english only at school, even if i'd like have a correspondence with a English or American partner![/quote]

You're really lucky...Welsh is an impossible language!

Since last year, I didn't speak english very well...But, during my vacation, I improved my English...Now I'm a better student and I can text in English with my british friend Very Happy So my English teacher is really happy!!
Lory

Lory

MessaggioTitolo: Re: Foreign topic   Foreign topic - Pagina 7 EmptyGio Mar 22, 2012 8:43 pm

I wasn't really proud of my english since October. Then i stayed one week at a turkish girl's place for a school project and... well, i revalued myself affraid their english was impossible! I can say that the worst i spoke, the better they understood me .___. but it was really funny I love you and i did an hard work trying to use always the simplest words, so I have improved too in the end lol! Has anyone ever done a similar experience?
Edwin

Edwin

MessaggioTitolo: Re: Foreign topic   Foreign topic - Pagina 7 EmptyGio Mar 22, 2012 8:58 pm

anto ha scritto:
Citazione :
actually I have never listened Welsh...i had a holiday in UK just when i was a child, so i listened only British language! In fact i can't understand American or other accent very well...and my english isn't so good cause i study english only at school, even if i'd like have a correspondence with a English or American partner!

You're really lucky...Welsh is an impossible language!

Since last year, I didn't speak english very well...But, during my vacation, I improved my English...Now I'm a better student and I can text in English with my british friend Very Happy So my English teacher is really happy!!

Instead I have to hallow (in the literary meaning of the word! xD) English teacher I have 'cause I had not been studying this language well since 2009! At elementary school I learnt French while many of my peers studied English...anyway, at middle school my English teacher was useless (xD): she used to talk of her own problems in our class.

Now, after few years of English, I'm the best student of the class (modesty, modesty...come to me!! xD), and now I able to read books in the original form...needless to say, long trip I had in London last september has been really useful to improve this exciting language...the language I definitely love.

I would like to have an english corrispondence-friend, but when I went to New York I could have just a sort of c-friend who is italian, yea, despite this, I am very happy I have met!

Futhermore, I would like to talk with people from Wales, maybe it could be interesting! Very Happy
anto

anto

MessaggioTitolo: Re: Foreign topic   Foreign topic - Pagina 7 EmptyGio Mar 22, 2012 9:35 pm

Instead I have to hallow (in the literary meaning of the word! xD) English teacher I have 'cause I had not been studying this language well since 2009! At elementary school I learnt French while many of my peers studied English...anyway, at middle school my English teacher was useless (xD): she used to talk of her own problems in our class.

Now, after few years of English, I'm the best student of the class (modesty, modesty...come to me!! xD), and now I able to read books in the original form...needless to say, long trip I had in London last september has been really useful to improve this exciting language...the language I definitely love.

I would like to have an english corrispondence-friend, but when I went to New York I could have just a sort of c-friend who is italian, yea, despite this, I am very happy I have met!

Futhermore, I would like to talk with people from Wales, maybe it could be interesting! Very Happy[/quote]

Oh, I have to say "tank you" to my English teacher...He's fantastic! At the Middle School I was a normal student and English was only one of my scholastic subjects...Now with him English is one of my favourite subjects...My teacher is fantastic! He's kind, peaceful, romantic, sensible and, most of all, funny! I love - strange but true! - my English written test...In fact we have to make a composition about a lot of particular themes (love, friendship, our society ecc.) and so I enjoy myself doing this written tests! Very Happy

Next year he'll take the best of us in Boston, for a cultural vacation...So I'll improve my English, I'll know U.S.A. and a lot of american guys... Very Happy

MessaggioTitolo: Re: Foreign topic   Foreign topic - Pagina 7 EmptyGio Mar 22, 2012 9:40 pm

I had a terrible English teacher about two years ago, we didn't do anything! Now I have a very great teacher, I like this language and I decided to attend the PET, I couldn't believe that it would be so interesting! I'm learning a lot of things I used to ignore (but I believe I won't remember all the phrasal verbs... my teacher says that they are always more and more! xD )
actually I'm afraid about the speaking part of the exam that I'm doing this May... we're being with another person and I don't know who's doing it with me affraid Of course if I pass it (I think I'll pass! xD) the next year I'll do the following level... it's too much fascinating I love you
Joy10--

Joy10--

MessaggioTitolo: Re: Foreign topic   Foreign topic - Pagina 7 EmptyVen Mar 23, 2012 6:50 pm

January. ha scritto:
I had a terrible English teacher about two years ago, we didn't do anything! Now I have a very great teacher, I like this language and I decided to attend the PET, I couldn't believe that it would be so interesting! I'm learning a lot of things I used to ignore (but I believe I won't remember all the phrasal verbs... my teacher says that they are always more and more! xD )
actually I'm afraid about the speaking part of the exam that I'm doing this May... we're being with another person and I don't know who's doing it with me affraid Of course if I pass it (I think I'll pass! xD) the next year I'll do the following level... it's too much fascinating I love you
maybe there were PET examination in my school! There isn't anything such as Trinity, Cambrindge ect...
I had got our same problem about two years ago! I had two different teachers in a year, one the first was good, but with a large pronunciation, similar to American accent. The second wasn't good, and she had a very strict pronunciation, tipically British, very strict British... I was being mad! I usually understand teachers, but she was the only one that I couldn't understand. Fortunately I done half of the school program with my first professor, so the damage was limited.
quietriot

quietriot

MessaggioTitolo: Re: Foreign topic   Foreign topic - Pagina 7 EmptyVen Mar 23, 2012 6:57 pm

Pet is the second "level" of Cambridge
Joy10--

Joy10--

MessaggioTitolo: Re: Foreign topic   Foreign topic - Pagina 7 EmptyVen Mar 23, 2012 7:01 pm

quietriot ha scritto:
Yes? I haven't do anything like this because there aren't in my school, so I don't know them.
quietriot

quietriot

MessaggioTitolo: Re: Foreign topic   Foreign topic - Pagina 7 EmptyVen Mar 23, 2012 7:06 pm

Joy10-- ha scritto:
quietriot ha scritto:
Yes? I haven't do anything like this because there aren't in my school, so I don't know them.
Cambridge examinations are divided into:
KET Key English Test (A2)
PET Preliminary English Test (B1)
FCE First Certificate in English (B2)
CAE Certificate in Advanced English (C1)
CPE Certificate of Proficiency in English (C2)
Edwin

Edwin

MessaggioTitolo: Re: Foreign topic   Foreign topic - Pagina 7 EmptyVen Mar 23, 2012 7:17 pm

quietriot ha scritto:

Yea, exactly! "Preliminary English Test" (B1)

Instead, during last winter I got the "First Certificate in English", B2. Razz

(Then, in a three years time, I had passed exams of 4 - 5 - 7 Trinity Levels ^^")

So, doesn't your schools have 'tis kind of exams?!

Ultima modifica di Edwin Howard il Ven Mar 23, 2012 7:19 pm - modificato 1 volta.
Joy10--

Joy10--

MessaggioTitolo: Re: Foreign topic   Foreign topic - Pagina 7 EmptyVen Mar 23, 2012 7:18 pm

quietriot ha scritto:
Joy10-- ha scritto:
quietriot ha scritto:
^^ Thanks... I hope that in future I'll do the first at least... Wink
Joy10--

Joy10--

MessaggioTitolo: Re: Foreign topic   Foreign topic - Pagina 7 EmptyVen Mar 23, 2012 7:38 pm

Edwin Howard ha scritto:
quietriot ha scritto:

(Then, in a three years time, I had passed exams of 4 - 5 - 7 Trinity Levels ^^")

Only for 4-5 year -.-"

MessaggioTitolo: Re: Foreign topic   Foreign topic - Pagina 7 EmptyVen Mar 23, 2012 8:49 pm

Joy10-- ha scritto:
quietriot ha scritto:
Joy10-- ha scritto:
quietriot ha scritto:
^^ Thanks... I hope that in future I'll do the first at least... Wink

Do it as you can, it's very useful! Very Happy in our group we have always some fun too lol!
Lory

Lory

MessaggioTitolo: Re: Foreign topic   Foreign topic - Pagina 7 EmptyDom Mar 25, 2012 1:42 pm

Joy10-- ha scritto:
Edwin Howard ha scritto:
quietriot ha scritto:

Only for 4-5 year -.-"

I've only managed to do B1 test 'caus since this year our school hasn't enough money to orgnanize classes and exams ._____. instead, they have enough money to organize a completely useless legality project ._______.
quietriot

quietriot

MessaggioTitolo: Re: Foreign topic   Foreign topic - Pagina 7 EmptyDom Mar 25, 2012 1:45 pm

Lory ha scritto:

I've only managed to do B1 test 'caus since this year our school hasn't enough money to orgnanize classes and exams ._____. instead, they have enough money to organize a completely useless legality project ._______.
you pay the exam, not the school. And most of the times you also pay the courses (unless the school organizes a PON funded by the UE)
Lory

Lory

MessaggioTitolo: Re: Foreign topic   Foreign topic - Pagina 7 EmptyDom Mar 25, 2012 3:00 pm

quietriot ha scritto:
Lory ha scritto:

you pay the exam, not the school. And most of the times you also pay the courses (unless the school organizes a PON funded by the UE)

yeah, my school used to organize a PON... once upon a time .___. and school paid also part of the exam, so that students had to pay only something like 30 euro. It was a good thing since exams are kind of expensive .-.
Joy10--

Joy10--

MessaggioTitolo: Re: Foreign topic   Foreign topic - Pagina 7 EmptyDom Mar 25, 2012 5:17 pm

Lory ha scritto:

yeah, my school used to organize a PON... once upon a time .___.
I'm according to you! My school's English PON of this year isn't already started !!! We're in March, guys! (But this are problems of 4-5 year students)
Simona96

Simona96

MessaggioTitolo: Re: Foreign topic   Foreign topic - Pagina 7 EmptyVen Apr 27, 2012 8:00 pm

I've found this text about English on Facebook:
"English is a crazy language.
There is no egg in eggplant, nor ham in hamburger;
neither apple nor pine in pineapple.
And while no one knows what is in a hotdog,
you can be pretty sure it isn't canine.

English muffins were not invented in England
nor French fries in France.
Sweetmeats are candies, while sweetbreads,
which aren't sweet, are meat.

We take English for granted.
But if we explore its paradoxes,
we find that quicksand can work slowly,
boxing rings are square,
and a guinea pig is neither from Guinea nor is it a pig.
And why is it that writers write,
but fingers don't fing, grocers don't groce,
and hammers don't ham?

If the plural of tooth is teeth,
why isn't the plural of booth, beeth?
One goose, 2 geese. So, one moose, 2 meese?
Is cheese the plural of choose?
One mouse, 2 mice.
One louse, 2 lice.
One house, 2 hice ?

If teachers taught, why didn't preachers praught?
If a vegetarian eats vegetables,
what does a humanitarian eat?

Why do people recite at a play, and play at a recital?
Ship by truck or car and send cargo by ship?
Have noses that run and feet that smell?
Park on driveways and drive on parkways?

How can a slim chance and a fat chance be the same,
while a wise man and a wise guy are opposites?
How can the weather be hot as Hell one day
and cold as Hell another?

When a house burns up, it burns down.
You fill in a form by filling it out
and an alarm clock goes off by going on.

You get in and out of a car,
yet you get on and off a bus.

When the stars are out, they are visible,
but when the lights are out, they are invisible.
And why, when I wind up my watch, I start it,
but when I wind up this essay, I end it?
English is a silly language ...
it doesn't know if it is coming or going!"

...It's true Rolling Eyes
lol! xD
My favourite sentence is "Why do people recite at a play, and play at a recital?" xD
Francesca ♥フランチエスカ♥

Francesca ♥フランチエスカ♥

MessaggioTitolo: Re: Foreign topic   Foreign topic - Pagina 7 EmptySab Apr 28, 2012 10:44 am

Simona96 ha scritto:
I've found this text about English on Facebook:
"English is a crazy language.
There is no egg in eggplant, nor ham in hamburger;
neither apple nor pine in pineapple.
And while no one knows what is in a hotdog,
you can be pretty sure it isn't canine.

English muffins were not invented in England
nor French fries in France.
Sweetmeats are candies, while sweetbreads,
which aren't sweet, are meat.

We take English for granted.
But if we explore its paradoxes,
we find that quicksand can work slowly,
boxing rings are square,
and a guinea pig is neither from Guinea nor is it a pig.
And why is it that writers write,
but fingers don't fing, grocers don't groce,
and hammers don't ham?

If the plural of tooth is teeth,
why isn't the plural of booth, beeth?
One goose, 2 geese. So, one moose, 2 meese?
Is cheese the plural of choose?
One mouse, 2 mice.
One louse, 2 lice.
One house, 2 hice ?

If teachers taught, why didn't preachers praught?
If a vegetarian eats vegetables,
what does a humanitarian eat?

Why do people recite at a play, and play at a recital?
Ship by truck or car and send cargo by ship?
Have noses that run and feet that smell?
Park on driveways and drive on parkways?

How can a slim chance and a fat chance be the same,
while a wise man and a wise guy are opposites?
How can the weather be hot as Hell one day
and cold as Hell another?

When a house burns up, it burns down.
You fill in a form by filling it out
and an alarm clock goes off by going on.

You get in and out of a car,
yet you get on and off a bus.

When the stars are out, they are visible,
but when the lights are out, they are invisible.
And why, when I wind up my watch, I start it,
but when I wind up this essay, I end it?
English is a silly language ...
it doesn't know if it is coming or going!"

...It's true Rolling Eyes
lol! xD
My favourite sentence is "Why do people recite at a play, and play at a recital?" xD

It's all real xD
betsy*

betsy*

MessaggioTitolo: Re: Foreign topic   Foreign topic - Pagina 7 EmptyDom Mag 06, 2012 6:58 pm

Hey, what's up guys? ù-ù
I don't know what saying ...LOL

Luv u everybody <3
Simona96

Simona96

MessaggioTitolo: Re: Foreign topic   Foreign topic - Pagina 7 EmptyDom Mag 06, 2012 8:20 pm

Citazione :
Luv u everybody <3
The best thing you could say I love you xD
Deneb D.

Deneb D.

MessaggioTitolo: Re: Foreign topic   Foreign topic - Pagina 7 EmptyLun Mag 07, 2012 4:03 pm

betsy* ha scritto:
Hey, what's up guys? ù-ù
I don't know what saying ...LOL

Luv u everybody <3

I love u too, Bea Very Happy
Contenuto sponsorizzato

MessaggioTitolo: Re: Foreign topic   Foreign topic - Pagina 7 Empty

Foreign topic
Pagina 7 di 8Vai alla pagina : Precedente  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Successivo