Home Sito WebIndiceGruppo FacebookUltime immaginiCercaRegistratiEdizione 2011Accedi
WORK IN PROGRESS... VERSO LA QUARTA EDIZIONE...

Foreign topic

Andare in basso 
+17
lariccia_simo
marty96
anto
Lory
mtmdviscrive:)
Blanchild
January.viscrive:)
Joy10--
Star.
Deneb D.
andreaviscrive:)
glicine
Gloria97
Simona96
quietriot
Francesca ♥フランチエスカ♥
Feldia
21 partecipanti
Vai alla pagina : Precedente  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Successivo
AutoreMessaggio
Lory

Lory

Foreign topic - Pagina 6 Empty
MessaggioTitolo: Re: Foreign topic   Foreign topic - Pagina 6 EmptyVen Mar 16, 2012 1:05 pm

andreaviscrive:) ha scritto:
Simona96 ha scritto:
I've just seen a post in a group:
"English is a crazy language. There is no egg in eggplant, nor ham in hamburger; neither apple nor pine in pineapple. And while no one knows what is in a hotdog, you can be pretty sure it isn't canine. When a house burns up, it burns down. You fill in a form by filling it out and an alarm clock goes off by going on. You get in and out of a car, yet you get on and off a bus. When the stars are out, they are visible, but when the lights are out, they are invisible. And why, when I wind up my watch, I start it, but when I wind up this essay, I end it? English is a silly language.. It doesn't know if it is coming or going!"
What do you think about this? I thinks it's really true! lol! xD

English is full oh phrasal verbs, I hate them, they're so complicated!

Too true, and too funny! lol! phrasal verbs are cool! Cool but when it comes to remember them all... Rolling Eyes
Torna in alto Andare in basso
Simona96

Simona96

MessaggioTitolo: Re: Foreign topic   Foreign topic - Pagina 6 EmptyVen Mar 16, 2012 2:41 pm

Lory ha scritto:
Simona96 ha scritto:
"English is a crazy language. There is no egg in eggplant, nor ham in hamburger; neither apple nor pine in pineapple. And while no one knows what is in a hotdog, you can be pretty sure it isn't canine. When a house burns up, it burns down. You fill in a form by filling it out and an alarm clock goes off by going on. You get in and out of a car, yet you get on and off a bus. When the stars are out, they are visible, but when the lights are out, they are invisible. And why, when I wind up my watch, I start it, but when I wind up this essay, I end it? English is a silly language.. It doesn't know if it is coming or going!"

Too true, and too funny! lol! phrasal verbs are cool! Cool but when it comes to remember them all... Rolling Eyes
You're right Rolling Eyes xD
Citazione :
Yes, but it's also funny! Very Happy
I like translating them into Italian! Very Happy
Citazione :
I think I will never remember all them...
Rolling Eyes Yes, it's 'a bit' difficult Rolling Eyes xD
Citazione :
I like Englis, in particular the pronunciation of some word like "plaseure"
I love saying "but it" with the American pronunciation *-* /b^Dit/ (If my English's teacher saw me, he'd kill me right now Rolling Eyes xD)

MessaggioTitolo: Re: Foreign topic   Foreign topic - Pagina 6 EmptyVen Mar 16, 2012 3:03 pm

Lory ha scritto:
Simona96 ha scritto:

When it comes to remember them all, they're not so cool... XD
Joy10--

Joy10--

MessaggioTitolo: Re: Foreign topic   Foreign topic - Pagina 6 EmptyVen Mar 16, 2012 6:51 pm

Simona96 ha scritto:

I'm according to you. I can study hard but with a light book (not a luminous book) xD lol!
Simona96

Simona96

MessaggioTitolo: Re: Foreign topic   Foreign topic - Pagina 6 EmptyVen Mar 16, 2012 7:03 pm

Joy10-- ha scritto:
Simona96 ha scritto:

I'm according to you. I can study hard but with light book (not a luminous book) xD lol!
Ahahahah 'luminous book'! lol! xD
I diiidn't think that was "libro luminoso" * Rolling Eyes * xD
Joy10--

Joy10--

MessaggioTitolo: Re: Foreign topic   Foreign topic - Pagina 6 EmptyVen Mar 16, 2012 7:19 pm

A book made of light.... not luminous... it's true xD
Simona96

Simona96

MessaggioTitolo: Re: Foreign topic   Foreign topic - Pagina 6 EmptyVen Mar 16, 2012 7:26 pm

Joy10-- ha scritto:
Now I'm really not understanding what do you mean Surprised

MessaggioTitolo: Re: Foreign topic   Foreign topic - Pagina 6 EmptyVen Mar 16, 2012 9:21 pm

Simona96 ha scritto:
Joy10-- ha scritto:

Neither am I affraid
Deneb D.

Deneb D.

MessaggioTitolo: Re: Foreign topic   Foreign topic - Pagina 6 EmptySab Mar 17, 2012 8:44 am

Do you prefer American's Enghish or the Britain's one?

MessaggioTitolo: Re: Foreign topic   Foreign topic - Pagina 6 EmptySab Mar 17, 2012 9:25 am

Deneb D. ha scritto:

Most of song I usually listen is in American English, that is such a "dialect". Anyway, I prefer British English, because it the "true" one for me. I think it is easier to uderstand than American one because of its accent Smile
anto

anto

MessaggioTitolo: Re: Foreign topic   Foreign topic - Pagina 6 EmptySab Mar 17, 2012 11:25 am

I prefer Britain's English, maybe 'cause I love England and English people! Two years ago, in fact, I had an amazing experience in England and so I fall in love with this country... Very Happy
quietriot

quietriot

MessaggioTitolo: Re: Foreign topic   Foreign topic - Pagina 6 EmptySab Mar 17, 2012 4:37 pm

Deneb D. ha scritto:

Most of song I usually listen is in American English, that is such a "dialect". Anyway, I prefer British English, because it the "true" one for me. I think it is easier to uderstand than American one because of its accent Smile
it's not just a dialect, the rhytm is very different and also the pronunciation. I think the British one is easier to understand but only the pure English maybe spoken only by the queen! Becaue in UK there is a variety of English! The Scottish accent, the Northern Irish accent and so on...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ox0EckmB9tQ
Lory

Lory

MessaggioTitolo: Re: Foreign topic   Foreign topic - Pagina 6 EmptySab Mar 17, 2012 4:44 pm

quietriot ha scritto:
Deneb D. ha scritto:

it's not just a dialect, the rhytm is very different and also the pronunciation. I think the British one is easier to understand but only the pure English maybe spoken only by the queen! Becaue in UK there is a variety of English! The Scottish accent, the Northern Irish accent and so on...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ox0EckmB9tQ

Oh my godxD just saw the vid *-* Well, i've talked with some english people and i was kind of able to understand them whatever they said, but i've never talked with an american so i don't know the difference Rolling Eyes i know, there are films ans songs and other stuff, but i think that talking 'face to face' is always the best way to judge Very Happy
Joy10--

Joy10--

MessaggioTitolo: Re: Foreign topic   Foreign topic - Pagina 6 EmptySab Mar 17, 2012 6:43 pm

January. ha scritto:
Simona96 ha scritto:
Joy10-- ha scritto:

Neither am I affraid

I can study hard (heavy) with a light (not heavy) book. the "light book" isn't a book made of light.
Edwin

Edwin

MessaggioTitolo: Re: Foreign topic   Foreign topic - Pagina 6 EmptyDom Mar 18, 2012 9:13 am

Oh Gosh! I lost this exciting topic Sad Such a pity! xD

Well, I completely LOVE english...by the way, I prefer British English rather than A. English!

According to Deneb's suggestion, I think writing is a stimulant pastime...it allows you to express the whole mind, it allows to talk to yourself and to others, it allows you to say what you could not say other way.

Anyway, I think this is one among the best topics there are, I love speaking this language and you know! XD

Moreover, I would like to learn other languages like, for instance, Dutch or German; according to neo-latin languages, I used to talk French very well since I began attending High School, where I do not study that too...anyway, I would like to learn a bit of Spanish...and...concerning the debate you were talking 'bout, I have had speechs with both: american and british people! Needless to say, accents are very very different also among people who live in the same England (many times, people from Scotland talk in a unbearable way XD)...and, concerning Americans, they talk like they are bored XD Yeaaa, I mean properly that! American language is various, there are lots of "slangs", then the pronunciation often is not correct...summin' up, they have their own way of speaking! Wink
Deneb D.

Deneb D.

MessaggioTitolo: Re: Foreign topic   Foreign topic - Pagina 6 EmptyDom Mar 18, 2012 6:49 pm

Deneb D. ha scritto:

Me, too. I prefer British English than American One for the same reason Very Happy

MessaggioTitolo: Re: Foreign topic   Foreign topic - Pagina 6 EmptyDom Mar 18, 2012 7:10 pm

Deneb D. ha scritto:

British, British English! Even if there are so many idioms and accents!
anto

anto

MessaggioTitolo: Re: Foreign topic   Foreign topic - Pagina 6 EmptyDom Mar 18, 2012 9:04 pm

Like I said, I prefer British English...But American one is so cool! affraid
Simona96

Simona96

MessaggioTitolo: Re: Foreign topic   Foreign topic - Pagina 6 EmptyDom Mar 18, 2012 10:38 pm

Joy10-- ha scritto:
January. ha scritto:
Simona96 ha scritto:
Joy10-- ha scritto:

Neither am I affraid

I can study hard (heavy) with a light (not heavy) book. the "light book" isn't a book made of light.
So I understood well... But then you said that the "light book" wasn't a book "easy to study" xD
Edwin

Edwin

MessaggioTitolo: Re: Foreign topic   Foreign topic - Pagina 6 EmptyDom Mar 18, 2012 11:08 pm

January. ha scritto:
Deneb D. ha scritto:

British, British English! Even if there are so many idioms and accents!

anto ha scritto:
Like I said, I prefer British English...But American one is so cool! affraid

Completely agree with both. Very Happy
Joy10--

Joy10--

MessaggioTitolo: Re: Foreign topic   Foreign topic - Pagina 6 EmptyLun Mar 19, 2012 3:20 pm

Simona96 ha scritto:
Joy10-- ha scritto:
January. ha scritto:
Simona96 ha scritto:
Joy10-- ha scritto:

Neither am I affraid

So I understood well... But then you said that the "light book" wasn't a book "easy to study" xD

Maybe, it could be also xD

However, I don't prefer any kind of accent (if I understand it), in general I prefer a kind of american accent but a clear and understandable accent, then a pure English cockney when I can't understand a word... So, it could be the opposite, a clear English accent and a confused American dialet... In this case I prefer English accent...
marty96

marty96

MessaggioTitolo: Re: Foreign topic   Foreign topic - Pagina 6 EmptyLun Mar 19, 2012 4:23 pm

I prefer British English, but American English is beautiful too
Thrice

Thrice

MessaggioTitolo: Re: Foreign topic   Foreign topic - Pagina 6 EmptyLun Mar 19, 2012 6:24 pm

Hey guys, what do you think of SCOTTISH?

*OO*
quietriot

quietriot

MessaggioTitolo: Re: Foreign topic   Foreign topic - Pagina 6 EmptyLun Mar 19, 2012 6:28 pm

Thrice ha scritto:

*OO*
really Scottish accent is kinda difficoult to understand the first time, all their vowels are like "closed"
anto

anto

MessaggioTitolo: Re: Foreign topic   Foreign topic - Pagina 6 EmptyLun Mar 19, 2012 7:01 pm

Thrice ha scritto:

*OO*

I don't know Scottish D: But two years ago I went to Wales and there I understood that Welsh is a really strange language! It's so difficult...What do you think about Welsh!?
Contenuto sponsorizzato

MessaggioTitolo: Re: Foreign topic   Foreign topic - Pagina 6 Empty

Foreign topic
Pagina 6 di 8Vai alla pagina : Precedente  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Successivo